Custom Ground Sets
CLICK HERE to download the Ground Set Configuration Worksheet.
CLICK HERE to download the Tool Repair form.
Hi-Line Utility Supply builds and tests custom grounds and jumpers to the exact specifications of customers and can ship an assembly the same day the order is placed.
Hi-Line offers repairs and testing programs to meet individual customer requirements or any future ASTM standards. Hi-Line’s assembly, quality and quick delivery comes from years of experience and Hi-Line’s fully stocked warehouse containing all the components and tools required to build custom grounds and jumpers.
Hi-Line’s highly skilled and trained staff has been supplying custom grounds and jumpers to the utility industry for more than forty years, having delivered more than a half million sets. When was the last time you had your grounds or jumpers tested? Learn more by calling 800-323-6606.
All new, repaired, and re-certified sets are assembled utilizing the Finn Power Crimping Machine, producing a computerized, consistent crimp meeting OEM standards every time. These crimps meet or exceed pull out standards, providing an additional level of safety for the end user.
CLICK HERE for additional information.
No need to spend money on new grounds and jumpers when Hi-Line’s professional certification, testing and repair services can extend the usage of your current grounds.
Hi-Line’s full-service assembly department is highly-skilled in inspection, repairing and recertification of grounds and jumpers. Our comprehensive testing and refurbishing process meets ASTM standards and brings old grounds and jumpers back to nearly-new, complete with testing and recertification for best practice compliance.
Protective grounding devices might look indestructible, but they aren't. Like many live line tools, grounding equipment can become compromised through regular use, age, exposure to sharp objects, dirt, oils, petroleum-based products, environmental fluctuations, improper storage, abuse, and electrical arcing to name a few.
For these reasons, daily visual inspections are required before every use to keep users safe and to check if damage is suspected. To keep existing ground sets performing safely, annual testing is highly recommended. Testing is required if damage is suspected.
Made to Your Specifications
Choose Complete Assemblies or Individual Components
1. Clamps: Clamping Size Range, Current Capacity, Application Clearance, and Terminal Connection Type (threaded or pressure type)
2. Cable: Length, Jacket Type, and Adequate Capacity to Withstand Maximum Potential System Fault Current Magnitude and Full Time Duration
3. Ferrules: Aluminum or Copper, Fit Cable Size, and Connection Type to Match Clamp (threaded or pressure type) Note: Either aluminum or copper ferrules may be used with copper cable.
4. Support Stud (replaces strap on strain relief clamp): This option recommended on only one clamp to help control lifting the set to the first clamp attachment point.
5. Shrink Tubing: This option recommended for stress relief and inspection of cable strands between ferrule and jacket.
When was the last time you had your grounds or jumpers tested? Learn more by calling 800-323-6606.
Grounds and Jumpers should be properly stored, inspected, protected, and cleaned maintain protective properties, reduce damage, and reduce repair / replacement costs.
Huge in-stock selection: Hi-Line carries a huge, in-stock selection of everything you need to protect and maintain your live line equipment. View some of the many items we carry for Grounds HERE and for Jumpers HERE